Liteblue USPS is a government portal for United States Postal Service (USPS) employees. It allows USPS employees to keep a track of their careers and even help them with career development. On this portal, the employees can view their personal information and also make changes to it. They need their employee ID number and Self Service Password (SSP) in order to access their profile on Liteblue USPS. If someone gets an unauthorized access to the Liteblue website, they may be subjected to administrative action and even criminal or civil prosecution.
What is ERetire?
ERetire is a web-based application that helps the employees of Liteblue USPS Gov to plan their retirement in a more convenient manner. It is only for Full-time employees and only those who fall under the USPS Employee Retirement Criterion are eligible to access ERetire.
ERetire lets you do one or all of the following depending on the category you fall in –
- Scheduling a retirement counseling session
- Viewing your annuity estimate and also getting a print out of the same
- Selection of a specific date of retirement to start the retirement process
- Requesting retirement application forms
About Liteblue USPS Employee Retirement
USPS employs almost 497,000 employees (as of 2018) and it is normal that it offers retirement plans to them. Whether an employee is eligible or not to take any of these plans depends on various factors. This portal is a self-service zone and USPS has tried to make it easier for its employees to understand the different rules for the different plans.
USPS Employee Retirement Criterion
If you fall under any of the following categories, you will be eligible to register on ERetire and begin your retirement plans. The criteria to be met are –
- Employees within 180 days of retirement eligibility and Employees eligible for optimal retirement – Those who fall under this category get more options than the ones who fall in the other category. Here, you get an option to estimate the retirement plans depending on a specific date, say from the 1st of the next month.
- Employees within 5 years of retirement eligibility – Employees falling in this category may get to view the estimates of various retirement plans online and can even opt for a print out of such estimates. Such estimates are made according to the date of the employee’s retirement.
How to Access USPS Employee Retirement Application eRetire
- To access eRetire, you have to login to USPS Liteblue Website or click here to go to the page directly
- Enter your employee ID and Password correctly
- In case you forgot your password, you can easily Reset Liteblue USPS Password
- On the menu of your account, click on My HR tab
- Now, navigate to Employee Apps
- Then select eRetire from the list of Apps
Finally you will see all the options and retirement plans you are looking for.
USPS has created ERetire to help its employees secure their future and have let them plan as per their priorities. Employees get access to various plans and they can choose the ones that caters to them the best. They need not worry about trying to find someone else to plan the retirement on their behalf. They just need to login into the ERetire portal.